Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water Every Morning
I started drinking a warm glass of lemon water in the mornings about a month and a half ago. It’s been one of the best things I have done for myself. I have noticed some of the benefits that several other bloggers and websites have posted about. Of course there are also other benefits that I can’t attest are true. I have read several reports that drinking lemon water helps with things such as joint healing, liver function, and reducing depression and anxiety symptoms.
Let me say that I have not done enough research to even know if any of those benefits have been proven to be true. The benefits I am listing are things that I have experienced with my own body. Things that I didn’t experience before I started drinking a full glass of warm lemon water every morning.
- Increased Energy– I noticed an increase in my energy. First thing I do when I get up is go ahead and warm up my glass of lemon water and drink it on an empty stomach. I noticed within the first couple of weeks that I actually felt more energized. This was a huge plus for me being that I am not at all a morning person.
- Increased Bile Production– As disgusting as this may sound I’m actually extremely happy about this (lol). My bowel movements have increased and are a lot easier and I go more throughout the day compared to before when I would sometimes go a day or two without having a bowel movement. I feel less bloated and I like knowing that I am getting rid of all that waste.
- Clearer Skin– I have really never suffered from acne or any other type of skin condition but after my pregnancy I developed some blemishes. I noticed that my skin looks more even and clear. I have actually gotten several compliments from people about how good my skin looks. Overall my skin looks and feels refreshed.
- Increased Urination– This has actually been a bit irritating especially when I am out. However, I know that it’s a positive to urinate because I know it’s working as a detox with my body. Which helps with weight loss. So that is definitely a plus.
- Contains Vitamin C– This is one of the best benefits about drinking warm lemon water every morning. My kids have been sick twice and luckily I haven’t gotten sick yet. Vitamin C is important in helping our immune system fight off the cold or the flu. So I know that drinking lemon water every day provides my body with a good amount of Vitamin C.
Again these are all things that I have noticed with my body since I started drinking a warm glass of lemon water every morning. I find there are a lot of benefits and so I will continue to incorporate this in my every day morning routine.